37th Annual Contemporary Issues in Obstetrics and Gynecology
The 37th Annual Conference on Contemporary Issues in Obstetrics and Gynecology will provide evidence-based updates on a wide range of topics in obstetrics and gynecology, while highlighting our commitment to improving the health of our patients and the dissemination of medical knowledge to healthcare professionals. Conference faculty includes nationally recognized leaders in the field, as well as UTHSC faculty. Content is chosen based on surveys from our previous meetings and literature updates on current and emergent topics. Topics will be presented to address the individual physician gaps and will include skills and methodologies within the practice environment. A panel discussion at the end of each session will allow interaction between faculty and participants.
Course Registration: https://uthsc.edu/continuing-medical-education/memphis/ob-gyn-2023-conf
• Obstetrics and Gynecology Physicians
• Family Medicine Physicians
• Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs) and Certified Midwives (CMs)
• Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANPs)
• Physician Assistants (PAs)
• Residents and Fellows
• Other Professionals in Women’s Health Field
• Describe controversies and new therapeutic options for patients with common and uncommon gynecologic conditions
• Recognize the expanding role of simulation as an educational tool to improve care in obstetrics and gynecology
• Provide updates on advances in the care of both routine and high-risk obstetric patients with chronic or gestational co-morbidities
This conference is designed to provide interactive educational activities that discuss complicated case scenarios that have been shown to improve participant application of evidence-based medicine for obstetrics and gynecologic patients. Providing a format for adult learning that includes lectures, case-based studies, interactive question and answer sessions, collaborative sharing of patient care issues, and networking with other healthcare professionals has shown to improve participant knowledge and competency.
The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa is located on the beautiful beaches of Sandestin, Florida at 4000 Sandestin Blvd., Destin, Florida 32550-4214. When making your reservations, call (850) 267-9500. Please ask for the UTHSC OB/GYN room rate.
The cut-off date for the conference rate of $364 is June 13, 2023.
Please make your reservations early as the room block availability is limited.
Online registration is available NOW at https://uthsc.edu/continuing-medical-education/memphis/ob-gyn-2023-conf
Successful Completion of this CME/Nursing Continuing Professional Development Activity:
Be in attendance for at least 80% of the program, and
Complete and submit the Evaluation
Conflicts of Interest: A Conflict of Interest occurs when an individual has an opportunity to affect educational content about health-care products or services of a commercial interest with which she/he has a financial relationship.
The planners and presenters of this CME/NCPD activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests pertaining to this activity
Commercial Support: No
Noncommercial Sponsor Support: No
Off-label Product Use: This CME/NCPD activity does not include any unannounced information about off-label use of a product for a purpose other than that for which it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
John Schorge, MD
Victor J Carrozza, MBA
John Schorge, MD
Reddy Dhanireddy, MBBS, FAAP
Pallavi Khanna, MD, FACOG
Susan Lacy, Susan N Lacy MD FACOG
Marina Santa Cruz Terrazas
John Schorge, MD
- The University of Tennessee College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The University of TN Health Science Center College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 25.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 25.00 ANCC
- 25.00 Attendance