Opioid Conference (Virtual)
"Serving Families Affected By Opioid Misuse"
Keynote Speaker - Dr. Stephen Loyd
Please join us on February 2nd to hear the latest local and state statistics and to learn best practices in treating women, babies and families affected by opioid misuse.
Update - this meeting is virtual only
- Using a personal experience case study, discuss ways health care providers can deliver family-centered care for families struggling with opioid use disorder.
- Provide an overview of opioid use rates in Memphis and surrounding areas.
- Examine ways health care providers can deliver informed care for women and families struggling with opioid use disorder.
- Discuss best prescribing practices for treating women who have opioid use disorder.
- 11:15AM-11:35AM - WELCOME (PRESIDENT Boyd, Dean likes, Dr. Sarah Rhoads)
- 11:35AM-11:50AM - "SIGNIFICANCE THROUGH A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE", PARIS HARDEE, BSN, RN
- 11:50am-12:15PM- "RESPONDING TO THE OPIOID CRISIS", ALISA HAUSHALTER, PHD, RN, PHNA-BC
- 12:20PM-1:20PM- "ADDICTION IS NOT A MORAL FAILURE", STEPHEN LOYD, MD
- 1:20PM-1:30PM - BREAK
- 1:30PM-2:30PM- "ADDICTION IS NOT A MORAL FAILURE" (CONTINUED), STEPHEN LOYD, MD
- 2:30PM-3:00PM- QUESTIONS AND EVALUATION
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Stephen Loyd, MD, FACP - CMO of JourneyPure, Associate Professor at ETSU and member of the governor’s subcabinet
Alisa Haushalter, DNP, RN, PHNA-BC - Director, Shelby County Health Department
Paris Hardee, BSN, RN
Successful Completion of this Nursing Professional Development Activity:
In order to receive full contact credit(s) for this NPD activity, you must:
Be in attendance for at least 80% of the program, and
Complete and submit the Evaluation and Verification of Attendance at the conclusion of the program.
Requirements for successful completion may also include participation in individual or group activities, such as discussion, exercises, practice questions, pre-/post-testing, etc.
Conflicts of Interest: A Conflict of Interest occurs when an individual has an opportunity to affect educational content about health-care products or services of a commercial interest with which she/he has a financial relationship.
The planners and presenters of this NPD activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests pertaining to this activity.
Commercial Support: No
Noncommercial Sponsor Support: No
Off-label Product Use: This NPD activity does not include any unannounced information about off-label use of a product for a purpose other than that for which it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Nursing Credit: The University of TN Health Science Center College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
3 NPD credit hours will be awarded for this event. This is a free event hosted by the HRSA Advanced Nursing Education Workforce Grant and there is no charge for the Nursing Professional Development credits.
This event will meet the mandatory 2 hour opioid related credits needed for TN APRN licensure.
AMA Credit Designation: The University of Tennessee College of Medicine designates this hybrid live online activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and UTHSC College of Nursing. The University of Tennessee College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 ANCC
- 2.00 Pharmacotherapeutic